Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Wednesday September 7, 2005 – 12:12PM (Pacific Time)

Featured at the Seattle slam last night. Seattle’s venue is always a joy to be a part of and perform in. By the time I got to the stage I was a little bit tipsy. Moreover, Lynne sent me a horoscope thing yesterday that said I should take artistic risks this month – something about Pluto in Venus and how Venus takes care of me – whatever. So I did a lot of poems I don’t normally do or have never done for an audience, including one piece I did straight out of my notebook. I did hardly any of the ‘tried and true’ stuff. I had a ball and a few more drinks and late night wings and cheese fries. It was also Karen Finneyfrock’s last night hosting the Seattle Slam since she’s moving back to D.C. at the end of the month; so now I have to find new folks to tolerate my ass when next I visit Seattle. Sonya Renee was still in town and held it down with a very solid mini-feature.

Today, it’s trying to get administrative work done and hanging out with Christa Bell later on.

There’ll be more to talk about later cuz Christa is intense and asks me hard questions and confuses me…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home