Friday, February 18, 2005

Friday Feb 18, 12:06PM - Greenville, SC
the (mini) Red-State Tour

So i've begun my mini red-state tour. Just landed here for the South Carolina Book Festival. Already the confederats flags, already that feeling of having interloped on a bad joke; someone else's history, mocking you in that southern air smell that is (for me at least) so reminiscent of home, of the Caribbean. Dirt you can almost taste, the smell of fauna so thick you could laugh if you didn't know how many things such a smell could mean.

But i only slept three hours last night, so i'm gonna catch some zzzzs right now. I just found out i'm taping for Def Poetry jam next week on Thursday. Will keep you all up to date on that. i have quite a few opinions on that joint. When i leave here i head for West Virginia, to Elkins and Davis college.

see y'all soon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, My B-day Wed, Tix for Thurs would be killer. Do ya got me brother man?

10:45 AM  
Blogger M.C. Siegel said...

Yeah, um....my birthday was two months ago. Hook a brotha up!...MCS

12:48 PM  
Blogger Rich Villar said...

?????

Greenville?

You mean....the home of Bob Jones University? The most racist amd vile group of fundamentalist Christians on the planet? NICE!

Moon them for me.

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home