Saturday, April 12, 2014

#6 for National Poetry Month - first draft offering - On Nina's climbing stairs

On Nina’s climbing stairs

The little one is climbing
stairs. Today   for the first time
I call her strong girl    I call
her young homie    I do not
call her pretty   or even
beautiful          I call
to her from imagined conversations
in our future     In these reasonings
she is saving me   again.  She is
refusing to let me be
anything but my best strongest unkillable
self.      The young homie’s gaze
doesn’t waver     she questions
me with the resolve of a prosecutor
She will hold me guilty for anything less
than refusing to die      every day
she comes to the well with me.
She bids me      drink father   live
The little one is climbing stairs
today               for the first
time


To schedule a reading or an appearance please contact Ofer Ziv at Blue Flower Arts at 845-677-8559 or email ofer@blueflowerarts.com. www.facebook.com/rogerbonairagard www.twitter.com/rogerbonair www.cypherbooks.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home