Friday, April 22, 2011

April 15, Poem 15 - inordinate

inordinate

adj.

  1. not within proper or reasonable limits; immoderate; excessive: He drank an inordinate amount of rum.
  2. unrestrained in conduct, feelings, etc.: an inordinate admirer of women
  3. disorderly; uncontrolled
  4. not regulated; irregular: inordinate crew of friends with whom to carouse

fuck what you heard

im

ordinary

in-ordinary

my body asks me to test

its own limits

out of love

out of something to do

with being a man

results in an inordinate lust

for laughing, for rum

for touch

because my body in-

ordinate weeps

to be remembered by skin

if as is clear I am

unrestrained in conduct

if I am

inordinate

in my admiration of the way

your calves curve into

your knee-backs

call me love call me

forever

my hands are both rivers

for you

inordinately

so

are my ribs

windows

windows

windows

my heart uncontrolled

and total irregular

unrestrained

and whole


To schedule a reading or an appearance please contact Ofer Ziv at Blue Flower Arts at 845-677-8559 or email ofer@blueflowerarts.com.www.facebook.com/rogerbonairagardwww.twitter.com/rogerbonairwww.cypherbooks.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home