Saturday, November 20, 2010

So the book of John is going in, in a way that I could not have predicted. Here’s the thing; I don’t get how there is any question whatsoever about how we supposed to be dealing with this Jesus nigga. The Pharisees come to stone him for blasphemy, for saying he is of the Father, and therefore God, and Jesus gets mad 5 percenter on their whole crew with this gem: “Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken: Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?” John 10, 34-36.

Jesus straight up says that we are all gods. The Father is in us as he is in him. Further, he calls their attention to it in the laws of Moses. Look, Jesus is way more on what we might want to dismiss as New agey-ness than we want to admit. The miracles and shit? That was just to show folks that he had tapped into the higher power, that he came from the Father, but in essence all he keeps repeating is that we can tap into that power as well. The whole Snoop Doggish, ‘he is I and I am him’ routine reinforced by the Father being IN him and IN us, and that his death can save us and we only need to follow him, is on some Lakota, Yoruba, Taino, Dahomey all part of the Great Spirit ish, if ever I’ve seen it.

All reading this Bible is confirming for me is that we’re all on the same system ultimately, and we’d better be about that if we’re to not destroy ourselves. I’ma have to save some more about John for later. Each time he goes in on a miracle, the miracle is itself a parable. His healing of the blind man is on some allegorical shit, that the Pharisees was trying to hear. Plus I’m loving his “you can’t see me” steelo, just about every chapter now “why do ye not understand my speech? Even because ye cannot hear my word.”

Just too black, Jesus! Just too black!

2 Comments:

Blogger Big Man said...

The "gods" referenced weren't everybody. That was actually a specific reference to a specific scripture dealing with prophets, which everyone at the time, even the Pharisees, agreed that Jesus was.
Just for your information.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Roger Bonair-Agard said...

@ Big Man: and what would that scripture be sir, that i might read it?

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home